2012 conference was held in the main Auditorium of Osun state university between 1st and 3rd February, 2012 with the theme – Achieving Diabetes Prevention through Education’ sub-theme: Building Sustainable Capacity for foot care. The dignitaries invited include:
- Guest lecturer: Chief Olusegun Obasanjo (GCFR)
- Guest Speaker: Mr Oladimeji Oyeleye (Chartered Physiotherapist, Republic of Ireland)
- Chairman of the occasion: Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola (His Excellency, Governor, State of Osun).
- Guest of honour: Dr (Mrs) Temitope Ilori (The Honourable Commissioner for Health, Osun State.
- Chief Host: Prof. Sola Akinrinade (V.C. Osun State University).
The conference was declared opened on the 2nd February by his excellency Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, who later gave the conference lecture on ‘National Health Policy and Diabetes Care – Matters Arising’. The international Guest speaker from Republic of Ireland spoke on the topic ‘Management of foot and foot wear problems in subjects with diabetes.
19 scientific abstract were presented during the conference.