5th Annual SIDCAIN Update Course, Guest Lecture & Scientific Conference
We write to formally inform and also invite you to participate in the forthcoming STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING DIABETES CARE IN NIGERIA (SIDCAIN) 2016 annual scientific conference and distinguished personality lecture holding in Osogbo , Osun State, Nigeria from March 2-4, 2016.
The strategies for improving diabetes care in Nigeria initiative was construed about 9 years ago with the major objective of curbing the rising diabetes pandemic in the country through translational research.
The core team comprises researchers in the field of diabetes and hypertension spread across the major tertiary health facilities in the South Western States of Nigeria.
The SIDCAIN research group has successfully completed World Diabetes Foundation assisted projects in Ogun and Oyo States, while that of Osun State is ongoing.
In Ogun and Oyo States, a total of 56 non-communicable disease clinics have been established and 1180 health workers have already been trained to man these clinics where projects have been completed.
Over the years, our activities have expanded to include public awareness programmes, establishment of school health clubs and the Journalists Action Against Diabetes Programme amongst others.
We also hold the annual non-communicable disease conference and distinguished personalities lectures. Previous events have held in Ibadan, Osogbo and Sagamu whilst personalities such as Are Afe Babalola, Prof. John Idoko (NACA), Chief Olusegun Obasanjo and Mr Dele Momodu have given the lectures.
The 2016 event will hold at the Main Auditorium of the Osun State University. The event, as with previous ones will attract participants from all over the country as well as overseas.
Wed March 2: Pre-Conference Update (9-4.30pm)
Welcome cocktail (6-7.30pm)
Thurs March 3: Grant Application Training Course
Opening Ceremony / Distinguished Guest Lecture
First Scientific Session (3-5pm)
Conference Dinner (7pm)
Friday March 4: Second Scientific Session (9-10am)
Invited Guest Lecture (12-12.45pm)
Awards & Prizes / Closing (2pm)
1. All abstracts must be received by Wednesday February 3, 2016. Submission is strictly by email to email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The conference committee will consider any abstract on non-communicable diseases or cardiovascular disease, aside from diabetes mellitus for presentation or publication.
3. Authors may be required to develop selected abstracts to full manuscripts, to be considered for publication and made available at the conference venue, in the institutional Research Journal of Health Sciences (rjhs.uniosun.edu.ng), at a reduced cost.
4. Registration: Early registration before February 4, 2016 is N15,000. In addition, participants shall be required to register separately for the Grant Application Training Course. Details shall be advertised later.
5. Product exhibition and adverts placement in conference brochure:
Exhibition @N80,000 per day
Full page advert – N80,000 per page
Back page @ N100,000
Inside front page @ N90,000
Inside back page @ N80,000
Center Spread @ N130,000
We look forward to welcoming you to this exciting meeting.
Prof. Babatope Kolawole FWACP – 2016 LOC Chair
Dr Familoni O.B. FMCP – 2016 co-Chair
Prof. Alebiosu C.O., FWACP – SIDCAIN Coordinator