Good morning friends! It’s Nicole Fallon-Peek, your Manchester Daily presenter – here to convey all that’s printable about what’s happening on the ground.
But first today’s weather:
Intervals of clouds and sun. High: 44 Low: 26.
🚪 Dear local businesses, Patch invites you to collaborate with us Build local awareness and differentiate yourself from the competition. Showcase your business and drive more customers through your door with a sponsorship in our Manchester newsletter. Click here to learn more.
Here are the top 3 stories in Manchester today:
- said Secretary of State David Scanlan The final results for the House of Representatives election will not be available for several days as the recounts continue. The seat for Rochester’s Ward 4 ended in a tie and will be decided by ballot by the Ballot Law Commission or the new House of Representatives. (IndepthNH)
- An Amazon cargo facility recently opened at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport. The facility is intended to help improve shipping times in time for the holiday shopping season and create new jobs for locals. (WMUR 9)
- With winter just around the corner, forecasters are estimating that the coming cold season will be similar to the past two years. New Hampshire can likely expect above-average temperatures and below-average snowfall this winter. (WMUR 9)
From our sponsor:
Today’s Manchester Daily is brought to you in part by T-Mobile. T-Mobile has invested billions to shine a light on its best-ever network, bringing LTE to 99% of the people of America, helping to keep communities like ours informed and connected. We thank T-Mobile for their support and for making today’s Manchester Daily possible.
Today in and around Manchester:
- The Nutcracker At the Rex Theater (11:00am)
- Let’s Make: Grateful Tree Centerpieces At the Goffstown Public Library (10:00am)
- A musical cooking lesson with the Calamari Sisters At the Rex Theater (2:00 p.m.)
- Once upon a time there was a pie-baking contest and auction at Stark HallGoffstown (6:30 p.m.)
From my notebook:
- Looking to start the holiday season off in a big way this weekend? The Seafront Great New England Fine Holiday Craft & Artisan Shows are held this weekend and features food trucks, vendors selling specialties and merchandise, and even a visit from Santa. Doors open at 10am on both Saturday 19th and Sunday 20th November. (Manchester Patch)
- Good news for the upcoming holiday, The New Hampshire DHHS weekly report showed a decline in active COVID-19 cases over the past week. Cases fell to 1,069 active cases from 1,481 reported cases on Nov. 10. (WMUR 9)
- Looking for your next home? CCheck out five of the newest homes to hit the Manchester property market, including a couple of two bedroom, two bath listings and a four bedroom, four bath home. (Manchester patch)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- Great New England Fine Holiday Craft & Artisan Shows on the Coast (November 19)
- T-Mobile Tuesdays: New Perks Every Week (November 22nd)
- Equity, Justice, Diversity and Inclusion – One-Day NASW NH Conference (December 1)
- Add your event
You’re all caught up for today. Up soon!
— Nicole Fallon Peek
About me: Nicole Fallon-Peek is a journalist and copywriter with a degree in Media, Culture and Communications from New York University. She has worked as a freelance reporter, editor-in-chief, editor and editorial director for a variety of B2B news outlets. She currently co-owns and operates content creation agency Lightning Media Partners.